1. don't forget to enter this giveaway, (originally posted here) i'll be picking a winner on sunday.
2. these boots happened. oh yes they did. only $20 from justfab.com and i cannot wait to receive them. i think this is acceptable because (a) only $20, (b) i honestly have no boots that aren't cowboy in nature, and (c) i've been wanting ones exactly like this since i posted them on my blog last year around this time. because lauren conrad has them (fine, she has the expensive chloe ones, but i don't have my own tv show so $20 it is.) told you she's my style icon.
3. i know i just talked about clutter free gifts, and for my friends, that's going to happen. but not for the animal loves in my life. like my best friend's cat, royal, and yes, i buy royal christmas and birthday presents, deal with it. i found this perfect box tree contraption for cats, he's going to go bonkers. the day meredith threw out the giant box her table came in was hands down the saddest day of royal's little life. and i'm basically bringing it back, but better. so maybe i haven't found perfect gifts for the humans in my life, but animals are way easier to shop for.
p.s. for the record, 'meow mow mow-mow' means 'i love you' in cat. we've proven it scientifically. and by scientifically i mean the world's meanest farm cat in kentucky lets me, and only me, touch her. because i'm the only one that tells her i love you in cat. true story.
4. whoa new iphone software update. i was not mentally prepared for all these updates. although i quickly figured out new alarm and text sounds (happy me, i hated the old ones), i'm still learning everything else. it really is like having a brand new phone without spending the money. my poor fingers were used to the old keyboard and now all my texts are screwed up and i'm not even drinking. hashtag first world problems. which may or may not be exactly what i texted tara, because some times we're obnoxious enough to hashtag our text messages. don't worry. i'm judging myself.
5. speaking of which, tara's coming in to town. we're planning on going to watch the iowa game at a bar in wrigleyville at 11 a.m. on saturday... and then we're going to stay out. in wrigley. for the rest of the day and night. i'm not great at math, but i at least know that's over 12 hours of drinking. what could go wrong?
i hope i shall see you monday. fingers crossed.