it's birthday week! my birthday week. i love birthday week. month. my birthday is officially on wednesday, but i've been celebrating, of course, all month. i love my birthday. obviously i love celebrating in general, and i love other people's birthdays (almost) as much as my own. some people really don't like getting older, but i don't mind it. any reason for a party, in my opinion. this year is a little quieter. i'm turning 29 so i'm saving a lot of time, energy, and money for celebrating the big 3-0 next year.
but i'm still celebrating a little this year, with dinners with my friends and lots of movies and date nights with john. (i'd go out with my parents but oh yeah, they're in vegas without me.) i could never let my birthday go uncelebrated! not when i love so many awesome things about birthdays:
1. awesome presents! sarah and betsy both got me things off my 101 list to celebrate this year - betsy just took me to a new greek restaurant and the greek museum on sunday! getting things is always fun, but when your loved ones go above and beyond to get you something they know you really want, you get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing how much they care.
2. midnight phone calls from your best friend. i guess it's only 10 pm her time but still! my phone rings at 12:00:01.
3. birthdays mean you can plan whatever kind of celebration you want (or none at all, but that's not my style) and your friends will even travel to another state for you so you can tailgate for your favorite team.
4. they also always come out to celebrate, even when you pick dirty college bars to party in, and bring you pink fluffy light up crowns to wear.
i don't know who was more excited about 40s of colt 45 on the menu, me or marcus. i think me.
5. calories don't count on your birthday. dinner, dessert, cocktails - birthday is a calorie free day! have you seen the hand decorated pan of brownies megan once made me? beautiful.
6. your shenanigans are acceptable. your friends shenanigans are acceptable. no judgment on birthdays!
7. birthday freebies. check back tomorrow for my favorites! hint: i haven't paid for food or coffee all month.
what are your favorite parts about your birthday? or are you a non-celebrator?