(warning: long and loaded with photos. eh, it happens!)
1. my birthday, of course. john is the absolute best, he got me my gorgeous birthday flowers and chocolate covered strawberries and took me to an adorable little italian restaurant. for birthday part 1. and then he surprised me with part 2 in which he took me to another dinner and then to see catching fire, and gave me my new necklace! probably my favorite part though was that he actually really liked catching fire, told me not to tell him what happens, and then went and read everything on wikipedia anyway. and he now knows when the next movies come out! (the day after my birthday next year, and my birthday, 2015. same as twilight. my birthday is a big movie time, pre-thanksgiving and all.) i loved the book series and both movies, so i'm happy he likes it just as much! way better than having to drag him to a chick flick he hates.
2. also for my birthday, betsy took me to a new greek restaurant and to the hellenic museum so i could cross those things off my 101 list! plus, it was the day of all the rain and tornado warnings, so we had the place to ourselves. pretty awesome! she'll do a whole recap post - mostly because she took all the photos - in case you're interested in visiting. she even used to intern there (before it moved locations.)
3. and even more birthday fun - look what my bestie sarah got me! it's also been on my 101 in 1001 list to get a new set of nice makeup brushes. mine aren't nice and don't match and now look - a new set from sephora!!
they are seriously great, i love them. they're soft and lovely, and that stand comes with it and it's weighted, so it's perfect on my shelf. i'll post a photo when i get it all updated with my new brushes. thank you sarah!!
this is why you tell your friends about your blog. they find perfect presents for you by reading ;) and thanks to them, i've now got 40 things crossed off my list. only 61 to go.
4. speaking of sephora - i won chelsee's giveaway! $165 to sephora. you can be jealous.
5. ryan proposed to one of my best friends, kelli! i am super excited about this one. since i went to iowa, i had a lot of college friends get married way too young and a lot are already divorced or unhappy. sometimes you just question when people get engaged - but not kelli and ryan. i think they're perfect for each other and they've dated a long time and live together, and he gets along with all of her brothers (the first guy to ever do so), so it's a win all around. she's really been wanting this and i know they'll always be a wonderful couple. and i think it's even cuter, that, through all their ups and downs and life changes, they've stuck together and kelli has said from the first day she met ryan that she would marry him - he wasn't even ready to date yet! she just knew. too perfect. and i am not just saying that because they both read my blog.... but really, i love you guys. this photo is the night he proposed, she's in front in white, he's behind us singing.
6. i love tara. and taco bell. that is all.
7. 1000 gfc followers. and so close to that number on bloglovin. that's pretty amazing, so thank you, and i love you.
8. my friend from grade school, ida, spent thanksgiving with my family. she's not a huge fan of her own family. as you know, mine is awesome, so it's really nice that someone else would want to spend that much time with them too. my mom has just been calling her "my second daughter" and saying "we're going to make her a samuel." i'm not sure you can adopt someone at 28 years old, but i think my mom is about to!
9. blog weekend. betsy and i picked a date for blogger weekend. the second weekend of january, the 11th and 12th. we're going to be spending that whole weekend working on blog things. such as writing and scheduling posts, editing photos, organizing feeds and readers, etc etc. her and i will likely be together at least once if not both of the days, and we invite you to virtually join us! we'll be around all day both days to do google hangouts, chat on twitter, e-mail, and we'll be setting up a chatroom that people can log in to whenever they've got time. you can bounce your ideas off other bloggers and get tips to help you get your blog ready for the new year.
10. and of course, princess. admit it, you're in love.
have a wonderful weekend! i promise a slew of