yes, i like to celebrate (in the form of things like tbox) but as you know, i'm a big fan of spending one weekend a month celebrating time off, doing nothing, and seeing no one. it's nice to unwind by myself in the comfort of my sweatpants. if you're not last minute christmas shopping, here's some other things you might consider for your weekend plans:
1. blogging: or just laughing. the comments kathy wishes she could leave, but doesn't. i feel exactly the same way. hopefully you're not guilty of these little pet peeves of ours!
2. shopping: this is me right now. gearing up for the new year. i wish i was kidding, but staples is like ... the greatest store ever.
3. it's santa!: fine, so all of these santas sit on a throne of lies, but they're awesome any way. you can track santa and explore the north pole, or my favorite, send messages from santa! you can fill in information and send it via e-mail, it's pretty fun.
4. diy projects: i'm not one to ever diy, but how cute is this reindeer print?! sparkly and perfect for the holidays. plus, i think i could do this one without messing it up!
5. cooking: a lack of people around means i actually have time to make real food. unlike last weekend, when tara and i ate out for 6 meals in a row. how about this chili recipe? looks delicious!
6. primping: make your nails look like a blizzard for the holidays! how adorable.
7. reading: she might kill me for sharing this but, we're separated by a solid 5 hour drive so i'm going to do it anyway. go read this blog by one of my college bffs. the one whose sorority deck we put a kiddie pool on so we could drink in it and make house boys fill it with warm water. my how times have changed. (for her, she's an adult now. i ain't going down that road yet.) it's a tearjerker, yes. and it's really, really good writing. it's the polar opposite of this here blog, but i know you'll like it.
8. youtube: sara posted the 'this is water' youtube video. i'd never seen it before, check it out!
9. netflix: the 5th season of toddlers and tiaras was posted. i can't stop, i don't know why. there's one where a contestant's brother judges her practice and he gives her a five, and she throws out his score card. she then whispers to the camera "lies go in the garbage." i. just. can't.
10. gif collecting: anyone else hang out on tumblr waiting for the perfect gif to come along? no, just me? ah well, for those of you who've asked where i find such perfect gifs like the one i posted here, i just follow all my favorite tumblrs. including, but not limited to - my friends are married, what should we call me, life of a poor law student, bitterly lawyered, and how do i put this gently. enjoy. and as a scorpio, i thoroughly appreciate this find: