1. valentine's day weekend. flowers, cocktails, chocolate strawberries, and of course my favorite olympic event, curling. team russia's pants.
2. i went to another dabble class (something that was on my 101 list after i went to a calligraphy class with mary.) my mom and i went to a vegan cooking class taught by blogger jacqueline of barefoot essence. mom's all about vegan, clean eating, healthy recipes, and, well, you know me - give me taco bell or give me death. but i thought it might be a good idea to offset all my taco bell with clean eating for my other meals. jacqueline's blog has a ton of info on vegan cooking, batch cooking, healthy recipes, shopping lists. seriously, check it out.
3. march is my 'no spend month.' ha. well, actually i'm doing better than i anticipated. no shopping, no money on food (is it cheating that my mom has bought my groceries and cooked for me the last two weeks or just smart?), no unnecessary cabs or happy hours. i'm pretty shocked at my will power. also, the you need a budget program is a huge help, i don't know how i lived without it.
5. i've been ridiculously slow and unmotivated and lazy this week. i can't really even explain why, it just is what it is. sorry about the slow pace in which i've been responding to comments but... it's been nice to just do nothing.
6. surprise mail! a handmade apple bourbon candle, plus mascara and lipgloss from maddie. i started ripping the box open before i even got in my front door. thanks for making me feel so loved girl!! oh and she was just featured on rachael ray, how cool is that? warning: video clip makes you want pizza really, really bad.
9. i got the sweetest e-mail on monday! a long-time reader of my blog sent me a message. she's a non-blogger and soon to be fellow lawyer and just wanted to reach out and say hey. it was so great to talk to her. so thank you lisa, for reading and for your e-mail!
10. hawkeye. always hawkeye. this is her helping me meal plan and blog.