1. street fest season is back! i'm so glad, i've missed it.
2. date day at navy pier. he did not let me win at mini golf.
3. pinterest - my pin boards are beautiful. i went through and majorly overhauled everything and deleted 200 pins so now everything has the correct link and is on the right board and the board covers make sense and it's all in alphabetical order. #ocd. i don't care, i love when everything is organized!
4. netflix - did anyone else binge the new oitnb? oh right, everyone. i love that show. i guess my real question is, did anyone not binge watch it? is anyone actually spacing them out, taking it one at a time? because that would be the ultimate test in willpower right there. which i would fail, obviously.
5. simplifying - i promise i'm alive, for those of you who've asked (and yes, people have actually been concerned or at least noticed my slowed down pace of posts. that's cool.) i call this 'summer hours,' where i'm really only posting 3 times a week instead of 4. ok, sometimes it's been 2 times a week. i claim street fest busy-ness and a myriad of other things (oitnb, for example) but it also has to do with simplifying. i think the blog should reflect my more minimalist life, so i'm phasing out 4/5 days a week posts and also sponsors. 1 more month, then bye bye! ahhh simplicity. it's good for you too, less to read and also the quality of each post goes up the more time i have to work on it (novel concept, i know.)
7. giveaway - if you haven't entered yet, i posted a giveaway yesterday for $35 to starbucks.
8. swagbucks - safe to say, i'm obsessed. i love free money. i cashed in $100 to amazon and bought john a blackhawks beer pong table for his birthday (july 5, he already knows though.) i've almost got christmas 2014 paid for. i started swagbucks on april 10 of this year and so far my earned, cashed in total is $325. yes, in 2 months. over $300 in free money. if you're not signed up yet, quit waiting. if anyone is interested, i can definitely do more posts on how i earn or answer any questions.
9. 101 in 1001 list progress - i'm at 68/101! i think the ones i checked off since the last update were regularly getting my nails done (i alternate each month either getting them done or doing them myself), setting up a hawkeye savings account for vet bills, and going to see a psychic, which my friend julie and i randomly decided was a good plan while we were at happy hour at rush and division and saw a sign above a subway. seemed legit. she was dead on with julie but way off for me. it was still really fun though!
10. "you can't sit with us."