1. concert! john got us tickets to the jason aldean concert, with florida georgia line opening. he is not a fan of country at all, so it was pretty awesome of him. i've made him a florida geogia line fan though, for sure. or he just liked how much they were drinking on stage. he was jealous.
2. sharknado 2! i loved the first one so we had a viewing party for the second, and it was everything i hoped it would be and more. i'm so ready for the 3rd one. i'm going to make a tara reid costume. hawkeye's going to be a shark, naturally. actually, there's a good chance i won't be able to wait til the 3rd movie and i'll have to do it for halloween, even though john is dead set on being dexter and megan, tara and i are going to be the sanderson sisters. 2 halloween parties are needed, clearly.
3. nascar, of course, was a huge highlight of the last month.
4. my surprise delivery that accompanied the concert tickets, my beautiful flowers. (pro flowers must love him, i know i do.)
5. cleaning and organizing. i am loving my packing system. everything is so detailed, it makes me happy. and it gives me a little organizing project to work on each night and since i'm weird, i love that.
6. the challenge is on. i'll be posting at the end of the month with a theme for september and a new button!
8. nashville planning. i'm heading there in nashville for my 30th birthday and my best friend sarah got the hotels all booked with her sweet government discount. thank you sarah! it seemed so far away before but now i'm really getting excited.
9. in other vacation planning news, john and i are planning on vegas next year, probably end of april. he's never been. i've been approximately 300 times. ok fine, like 15 times. same thing. i'm very excited, even though i'm not sure who's going to get us there, since we both hate flying and have to be practically incoherent to even get on a plane. should be interesting...
10. hawkeye. she has commandeered one of john's shirts and i'm certain he is never ever getting it back. every time i reach for it, even to move it slightly, she rips it away from me and runs off. she misses him when he's not here.