because really though.
if you don't love my hair... you're lying.
my tips for creating the pretty fluffy curls you see above.
(1) don't wash your hair every day. really. it's not good for it.
(2) when you do wash, use the right products. i think you get what you pay for. actually, at one point my hair started falling out - it was an iron deficiency, but the first thing the dermatologist looked at were my hair products, because cheap products with lots of chemicals will cause damage. (he figured out the iron thing after my products passed the test!) you don't have to pay salon prices, but do your research.
(3) i like dove pure care dry oil because it leaves my hair soft and silky. my hair is naturally thick and therefore can get weighed down very quickly if i load it with a lot of product. whatever i use, it needs to clean without leaving anything remotely greasy or heavy behind. at the same time, dry hair = frizzy hair, so it has to provide some moisture. it's a tough balance. (p.s., these are photos of the products dove sent me for this review, but it's what i buy anyway - if you want to see empty bottle of these + the dove leave in conditioner (detangled) spray, i could post those too!)
(4) dry hair completely. it's best to let it air dry overnight. the less hot tools you use, the healthier your hair will be.
(5) for my curls, i use a 1.75 inch barrel iron. just a few seconds on each curl, then spray with a little hairspray. my curls usually hold all night without hairspray with dove - i don't like the crunchy feeling hairspray leaves behind.
here's what you need to know about dove, because it's a good time to try these products. i.e. money back guarantee! you know frugal me loves money back promises:
- it's called the “Dove Silky Hair Dare” - dove hair is daring women everywhere to try dove pure care dry oil, risk-free now through december 31, 2014*
- dove pure care dry oil collection is ideal for all hair types and delivers five times silkier hair after just one wash (just see my photos for proof.) and no greasy feeling!
- the price point is fabulous, you know how i feel about that
- you can win prizes! share your silky results at #silkyhairdaresweeps for a chance to win** $20,000 in prizes up for grabs (visit dove.com for more information)
so now you know. curls curls curls.
even curls for halloween. it's almost here!
*if you are not completely satisfied with the Dove Advanced Hair Series Pure Care Dry Oil system, Dove will refund your purchase (from 9/21 – 12/31). visit hairmoneyback.com for details.
**no purchase necessary. void where prohibited. the Dove Silky Hair Dare Sweepstakes is sponsored by conopco, Inc., d/b/a unilever. open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. begins 12:00 p.m. ET on 9/25/14 and ends 12:00 p.m. ET on 11/20/14. for official rules, visit http://www.dove.us/Products/Hair/Advanced-Hair-Series/rules.aspx