wow, what a week. i've been without a computer for 5+ days and it's been horrible. (first world problems, yes i know.) but really, it's hard to become dependent on technology and then it goes away. try working in a law office without a computer. it was brutal. thankfully, i didn't need it most of my weekend (sunday's hangover saw to that.) and now, i have a new one. so i have returned. and i'm sure i'll get to those 100+ emails and 200+ unread posts on bloglovin any minute now.
after i get all my settings and programs back to normal. and after i go buy some chocolately mcdrink thing at mcdonalds so i can get a monopoly piece. damn you monopoly.
so i'm bad at using my phone for internet, bad at resisting fast food chain marketing ploys, bad at responding to emails. but good at procrastinating on pinterest.... anyway, other things i'm exceptionally bad at:
- maintaining contact with society without a computer.
- beer pong. i mean, i get decent once i'm 10 beers in. but the first few games... it's like, why do i bother?
- using cash. can't remember it, can't count change, spend it too fast. experts say it hurts more to spend cash, so if you're trying to be on a budget, don't swipe the card. for me, it's opposite. cash tricks me into thinking i'm scrooge mcduck in a money vault.
- keeping my comments to myself.
- wearing high heels.
- travel. i just like the comforts of home. and hawkeye.
- dressing for the appropriate weather. flip flops til i see snow, people.
- waking up before 7 a.m.
- hiding my disdain when people tell me they're pregnant. like my best friend, meredith:
sorry, mere. but not really.
- parallel parking.
- shopping. i like online browsing, but going into physical stores, trying things on, standing in line, dealing with crowds - i hate it.
- being vegan. because, cheese. don't even try to tell me about making nachos with nutritional yeast, you're just lying to yourself.
- saying goodbye when i leave the bar. yes, i ghost. or irish goodbye. whatever you want to call it.
- ending sentences with prepositions. like 'things i'm really bad at.' whatever, i'm from chicago. it's what we do here.