it's that time again - link up day is here. how did you fare in march? remember the prompt for march was 'relationships.'
how i did:
(1) more walks for hawkeye. check. when the weather cooperated, we went to the park and the corner bar. what? she loves the bar, she gets a stool and everything.
(2) get my friends out for their birthdays that were missed in february. check. i actually got them both out on the same day, lunch and dinner!
(3) continue helping mom declutter. negative. some things came up at my dad's office so i had to help over there for 2 weekends. hopefully we can weed more things out this month and if not, well i'm watching the dogs again over memorial day and i'll just start tossing things. they won't miss what they don't even know is there.
(4) something nice for john. check. made him homemade pasta, meatballs and marinara sauce (his favorite.) but i did not send another care package because he had weekends off and... drum roll... as of yesterday.... he's home! the job out there isn't finished but since he worked so hard they rewarded him when a job opened close to home. no more 2 hours away, no more rented apartment out there. woo!
the theme for april is 'finances.' just in time for tax season, oh joy. my goals?
1. continue on my spending frost, at least until vegas.
2. try to keep a cap on the vegas spending. i'm going to generally sketch out each day and guesstimate, and try to stick with that number.
3. cut down more on vegas costs by being frugal with the stuff that doesn't matter. like bringing my own brita water bottle and snacks.
4. try not to go too crazy on april 27 - hawkeye's 6th birthday! no promises though. this is, like, an almost unattainable goal. taco bell fiesta with toys and treats and everything her royal highness loves? bound to be pricey.
so tell me all about how you did and what you're planning for april.
1) if you want, follow your hosts not entirely perfect, life according to steph, and keeping up with ashley and cody. (i like twitter, that way i can follow you back and tweet you encouragement throughout the challenge.)
2) link up your post about your results below for the month - we want to hear all about what you did, how you fared, what resources you used, what you'd recommend to others, etc.
3) please link to your actual post about your results. links not having to do with the challenge will be deleted.
4) feel free to use this button, created by the lovely sarah at venus trapped in mars.