do you ever feel like you're doing everything and nothing, all at the same time? is that just the definition of summer? i feel like i've done a lot, but when i try to really remember what it all was, i'm drawing a blank. i'm certainly not sitting at home, other than that entire week of being sick and watching criminal minds on netflix for hours upon hours, but i can't quite recall where i've been. no vacations or road trips or crazy parties. but seemingly lots and lots of little things.
so what has been happening?
- we're still looking at more houses, haven't found one we're ready to buy yet. i think we've seen 'only' 14, but i have had more than enough of this hunting business. over it. i did extend my lease with my roommate until the end of april. that gives john and i more time to look and puts her and her boyfriend on the same lease schedule so they can find a new place together in may.
- hawkeye tried swimming for the first time. oh, she mad. but i'm glad she can swim, because john wants a house with a pool.
- i've watched every episode of dance moms. i cannot quit that show. i've quit essentially everything else that's not on netflix, since i don't have any tv channels, but i seek out those episodes online.
- i've read books that come in on my library e-book list. hooray free! i'm in the middle of bossypants right now.
- i went with megan to the blackhawks rally after they won the cup. it was pretty fantastic. we had a ton of fun and drank too much (out drank the boys, we have high tolerances...) and ate a lot of pizza. which prompted us to start a healthy challenge the day after. i definitely wavered on the 4th (too much good party food. and beer.), but otherwise i've been eating better and walking hawkeye more often. we started a healthy pinterest board, feel free to ask for an invite if you want to pin to it. we need all the help we can get to meet our self imposed arbitrary goals by our september goal date. also, megan keeps talking about starting a blog, and i think she should just do it already. she can't pick a name though. how did you come up with yours?
- i've had 12 million doctor's appointments. for being sick, for getting my teeth cleaned, for getting fitted for those invisalign things to straighten my top tooth that moved after i stopped wearing my retainer (bye bye $1800, good thing i didn't spend you on lasik), and most annoyingly for my hair shedding more than an alaskan husky in summer. i love my hair, so i hate that it's falling out. it's not my thyroid, it's not my iron levels. basically there's just no answer, although now they're testing me for lupus so that's fun. really though, i'd just like an answer. thank goodness i had a horse's mane of hair to begin with, so no one else besides me and my doctor can actually tell that it's thinning.
- we celebrated the 4th and john's birthday (the 5th.)
- got my nails done with ida; decided her stripper name. midnight destiny. (mine is crystal knox, by the way - first pet + street you grew up on. ida just made hers up though after a few glasses of wine.)
- i read cait's post today, the last day of her year long shopping ban. i'd love to make it to a full year, but i've at least drawn up rules and make it until the end of next april, to be posted later this week.
- i did not read a lot of other posts, according to that '248 unread' number looming on my feedly. that's my goal for today/tomorrow.
- i planned a lot of things - started coming up with ideas for my next 101 in 1001 list, planned for tara to come visit for her birthday, helped betsy plan her next 101 list (and her new upcoming blog design), planned going to visit my college bff. i really like planning things.
- i finally ordered new sheets, after the pets ripped a whole in my favorite set. i don't love the back up ones i've been using, so i ordered the ones recommended by steph. they're great and only like $30 on amazon. i already forgot what they are so ask her if you need new sheets or comb her monthly recommendations posts, it was on one of those.
- i've hit every day so far on helene's #31photosinbetween instagram challenge. yes, that's only 6. but it's an improvement for me!
and now i'm a little shocked it's already july, because saturday was the first warm day of the year. better get on that summer bucket list.