hello, yes, this is dog.
my mom's dog, joey
no, just kidding, it's stephanie. (and if you don't understand the 'this is dog' reference, spend more time on reddit.) it's been a bit since i've been around. uh... whoops?
whatever. you know by now where i've been - we bought a house. and while i can multitask a lot of things, i have to care about those things and i simply didn't care about blogging while we moved and set up the brand new house. not even going to use 'we didn't have internet' as an excuse because we got in installed like 2 days after moving in.
so i just didn't blog, didn't read blogs, didn't really get online much. i snap chatted a few things and i try to get my life snippets up on instagram, but i've mostly been disconnected. and still today is going to be one of those days where i mark everything in my feedly as 'read.' these things happen.
i sort of hope to be caught up soon, but at the same time sort of don't care? (see #3 for more.) but there are all sorts of happenings that i'd like to blog about. and i will. some things i'm planning on telling you about oh so soon:
1. going the beauties and beaus show at hydrate with tara and monica. i cannot even express how much fun this was, and as soon as i get my photos and videos off my camera, you will see. i cannot wait to go back. any other chicago bloggers and/or chicago friends want to come with us next time? we'll be going back in a few weeks!
2. cover your bases bar crawl (and festa bar crawls in general), which tara came in town for.
3. my support for steph's post which isn't live at the point that this one is, but we text about blog things so i know it's coming tomorrow and i'm behind her totally. i know i have you intrigued now. i have mentioned her a million times on this blog in the past 4(!) years but if you don't follow her yet, i absolutely think you should and you will not be sorry. but i think her post, which i hope just drips with snark and hints of disdain, will sum up my feelings on a lot of things lately as well. we're very, very similar people, except she's #teampug and i'm #teampomeranian.
4. an update on my spring goals. hint: gonna be a real short post. hashtag lots of fail.
5. micah's new book! because that's amazing. there's just something about reading a published book from one of your long time blog friends that makes it particularly fun and special. i find it more exciting to read a book when i can be all 'hey, i know her!'
6. pretty sure i saw heath ledger on the train this morning; the guy looked so much like him to the point where i spent 20 minutes questioning whether his death was a hoax. if you go follow me on snapchat, you can still see him for the next, i dunno, 20 hours or so. my username is stephs1120.
7. and of course, the house! lots and lots of house related things. to the point where i'll drive you nuts. but i have a lot to share, besides just the general tour. i want to tell you about things we plan on doing and ask for your input on what we should do in certain spaces. i want to tell you about my glorious minimalist wardrobe and how nicely it fits into the closet space. i want to update you on what it's like living with john and being homeowners and having more space to clean and keep up with and how it is having to meal plan and cook for two people and a dog who thinks she's a people. and how we keep finances in check, even though john just spent $1,000+ on a projector and screen and surround sound and i just spent $2,000 on a front loading washer and dryer and pedestals (did you see those on instagram? because i could sit and watch them as long as john could sit and watch his projector screen.) okay so maybe not the finances in check part, but i am saving tons on groceries so... trade off? or something?
that's a lot of house related things indeed. the tour will be up first (this week?! could it happen?!) of course, but then after that i have no schedule. if there's something you want to see or hear about first, or have any specific questions, let me know in the comments because i will make that a priority.
and that's it for today. let's not get crazy and burn myself out.